Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rielle Hunter: 'I'm sorry ... I was selfish'

Eight years after the affair that sunk the reputation and political career of John Edwards, Rielle Hunter has finally apologized.

Her apology, which happens to coincide with release of a new book, comes in an article in the Huffington Post.

"I am very sorry for my wrong, selfish behavior," she wrote. "Back in 2006, I did not think about the scope of my actions, how my falling in love with John Edwards, and acting on that love, could hurt so many people. I hurt Elizabeth and her kids. I hurt her family. I hurt John's family. I hurt people that knew Elizabeth."

 Her new book adds two words to the title of her last: "In Hindsight, What Really Happened: The Revised Edition: John Edwards, My Daughter, and Me." As she describes it, it's sort of the corrected version of her first book.

"... (I)nstead of apologizing when I should have, I went on to hurt more people by writing a book," she wrote in the Post. "I truly did not realize at that time how damaged I was and because of that, when I wrote my book I made more mistakes, ones I feel horrible about."

Hunter apparently lives in Charlotte with the daughter she had with Edwards, a former U.S. senator and presidential candidate. Edwards and his daughter Quinn were seen this month shopping in the Cotswold Harris-Teeter.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too little too late. Besides, Edwards holds the blame for betraying his wife

Jubal Foster said...

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve. - Andy Griffith

Anonymous said...

It's nice that she is saying these very important words, even belated as they are, but one wonders about her motivation and timing.

Anonymous said...

Another freakin' book? Geez, just go away.

Anonymous said...

What's the point? Edwards made his choices and had to have known it might ruin his political career. He obviously wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Love affairs are not rational things. Her apology clearly seems timed to sell a book. Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What's the point? Edwards made his choices and had to have known it might ruin his political career. He obviously wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Love affairs are not rational things. Her apology clearly seems timed to sell a book. Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

This is disgusting. I'm sorry...oh yeah and let me promote my book. Bad taste, but what else would you expect?

Unknown said...

We'll all be sure to run out and by the revised edition of the book......the one that nobody bought the first time around.

Anonymous said...

It's ok Rielle...we already knew you were a sorry and selfish person, no need to explain.