Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Joe Biden: Lots of walking

When Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden was in Charlotte Sunday, he ridiculed Republican John McCain's statement that the economy had made progress under President Bush.

"I could walk from here to Greensboro,” he told a crowd at a Phillip O. Berry Academy. “I wouldn't run into one person who thought we'd made economic progress unless I ran into John McCain.”

A few days earlier, he was in New Hampshire.

"I can walk from here to Manchester, and I doubt I'll find anyone who said the fundamentals are strong and the economy's roaring, unless I run into John McCain."

This week he was in Michigan.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I could walk from here to Lansing, and I wouldn't run into a single person who thought our economy was doing well, unless I ran into John McCain,” he said.

If he ever DID run into McCain, they wouldn't necessarily talk about their political differences. Biden always prefaces his criticisms with testimony about their long personal friendship. In Charlotte, he talked about a call he made eight years ago after McCain was roughed up in the S.C. GOP primary.

"Where do you want me John?" he recalled asking. "I'll show up where ever you want to testify for your integrity and character."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Democrats are more decent than Republicans. Take it from Biden to stick up for McCain when Bush made lies about him in 2000, stating that McCain fathered a black child and was mentally deranged from his time as a POW. They mailed out flyers, made ads, tried to destroy John's character. Biden - the liberal - stuck up for McCain. Sad to see how pathetic McCain has become... his campaign is just full of lies. It's like a circus! The straight talk express has derailed and like a sad old man who had to call on the same people who insulted him in 2000, McCain is just pathetic. Even if Republicans win and they probably will, it know just how deceitful they had to become. :(

Anonymous said...

It's sad to see Biden compromising himself supporting Obama when he is truly in Hillary's camp.

Anonymous said...

How about that guy in Big Fish? Biden seems to fit the bill.